If you’re headed to Disney World or Disneyland to stay on-site, you’ll want to make note of these refurbishments or changes going on during your stay.
All information is current as of April 27, 2016
If you’re headed to Disney World or Disneyland this year, you’ll want to make note of these refurbishments or changes going on during your stay:
Disney’s Polynesian Resort:
- Pathway to the Transportation and Ticket Center is closed
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge:
- The Wilderness Lodge is currently in the middle of a long-term refurbishment that includes the construction of waterside bungalows.
- Wood view rooms on the north side of the Lodge will see less woods and more construction as bungalow construction takes place
- As of March 2016 there is a large block of room on the south side of the Lodge that are unavailable as they are being transformed into DVC rooms. The elevators to that section of the hotel are not available and the construction area is noticeable from the lobby.
- The Hidden Springs Pool (DVC pool) is under construction and DVC Villa guests will need to use the Lodge’s Silver Creek Springs Pool.
- Noise from the construction is supposed to occur only from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- The Cub’s Den is closed until 2017
- The Sturdy Branches Health Club will be closed from July – October 2016
- The nature trail/jogging trail at Wilderness Lodge is currently closed
- The Wilderness Lodge beach is also closed
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn:
- Flying Fish Cafe is closed for refurbishment; will reopen in September 2016
- Boardwalk Sweets is closed to make way for a new experience
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Jamaica Village pool closed for refurbishment through summer 2016